President’s Leadership Institute for Faculty and Staff Announced
President Nick Ladany has announced a new President’s Leadership Institute (PLI) for Oglethorpe University staff and faculty that will focus on “Preparing OU’s Leaders for the Future.”
The PLI is an exciting opportunity for participants to explore the world of higher education and gain valuable, transferable leadership skills. Through this unique professional development opportunity for campus faculty and staff, participants will learn about issues facing higher education broadly and Oglethorpe University specifically.
- Support the professional and personal development of OU faculty and staff.
- Build a community of trust and collaboration between faculty, staff, and senior administrative leadership.
- Foster greater inclusion and transparency around the internal structure and operation of the university.
- Encourage engagement and discussion of important issues for the university and its constituents.
- Explore opportunities for institutional change and growth.
- Identify and develop talent for future leadership opportunities at OU.
What to Expect from the Institute
The program will run for nine months from September 2022 to May 2023, with a kick-off reception occurring on Thursday, September 29 at 5:00 p.m. The cohort will meet the third Friday of each month for an all-day session (9:00 a.m. -2:30 p.m.). President Ladany and members of the Senior Administrative Leadership Team (SALT) will lead the cohort through an exploration of personal leadership styles, analysis of trends and challenges within higher education and at Oglethorpe, and engaging team building and networking activities. A closing reception and graduation will conclude the program in May 2023.
Participants are expected to attend all sessions. All times are 9:00 am to 2:30 pm, except for the kick-off reception.
- September 29 (Kick-off reception 5:00-7:00 p.m.)
- October 21
- November 18
- December 16
- January 20
- February 17
- March 17
- April 21
- May 12 (One week earlier due to commencement)
Mid to senior level faculty and staff employed for at least 12 months are welcome to apply. Each cohort will be comprised of 15-20 participants who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and service in their respective areas. Our goal is to assemble a diverse cohort representing various disciplines, departments, offices, and programs.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your interest letter, please address your role on campus, what you hope to achieve by participating in the institute, and your direct supervisor’s support for your participation. Supervisors are also encouraged to nominate direct reports as potential participants.
Call for Applications: April 5-May 6, 2022
Participants Notified: May 18, 2022
Please direct any questions about the institute to Dr. Laura Renée Chandler, Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at email@example.com